We at Shared System Corporation (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Company’) will handle all user information regarding the Company’s Imma service and all its related services (hereinafter referred to collectively as the ‘Service’) in accordance with the following.
Acquired Information and Scope of Use
The Company shall use and acquire user information in the following ways:
(A) Information to be registered from user profile
– Telephone number
– E-mail address
– Date of Birth
– Field of industry
(B) Address book
* Any kind of information that can be acquired from the address book will not be uploaded to Imma server.
Registering the information is voluntary, however, some parts of the service may not be available if information are not registered.
In which case the user deletes the account for the service, the information will be deleted in accordance to the Company’s terms and conditions.
1) From the information mentioned above in (A), address (country, prefecture), date of birth, gender, field of industry, and occupation will be disclosed, when answering a survey, to whom that created the survey and to other users who hold the rights to view survey results. Other information will not be disclosed.
2) From the information mentioned above in (A), address (country, prefecture), date of birth, gender, field of industry, and occupation will be disclosed, when registering the check results to a checklist, to whom that created the check list, and to other users who hold the rights to view the results of checklist. Other information will not be disclosed.
3) Information mentioned above in (A) will be seen by other users when receiving a recommendation notice for survey.
4) Information mentioned above in (A) will be seen by other users when receiving a recommendation notice for checklist.
5) Address book should be looked at when sending a recommendation notice to other users.
(C) Other Information
To allow users to use the Service as smoothly, and to promote effortless communication between users, users may be asked to register additional profile information (names used on service, profile photos, messages etc.). These information will be disclosed to other users.
(D) Promotional Events
There may be occasions where users will be asked to provide details such as their name, address, phone number, email address, gender, and date of birth etc., for the purposes of surveys, draws as well as other promotional events, where the Company requires these details to send prizes. Also for the delivery of purchased products, etc., to the users.
The Company acquires user information including email address, device type, and OS type etc. These information will be used to check user’s identification in order investigate and provide an appropriate response to those inquiries.
(F) Payment Information
Users’ credit card information will be acquired in order to process payments relating to purchases and paid services. The Company will not retain any credit card information as all payment procedures will be completed by the credit payment agencies.
Use of the Service
To provide the best possible service to users, as well as for maintenance and security purposes, Cookies will be used to store user settings, to record access figures as well as monitoring usage patterns and statistics. Users can choose to deactivate Cookies, however in such circumstances users will not be able to use parts of the Service which require Cookies to be active such as those requiring users to login.
Upon access to the Service, the user’s IP address, browser type, and browser language etc., will be automatically obtained and stored. Such information will be used to analyze user environments, thereby enabling the Company to provide a better Service, as well as to prevent any unauthorized/fraudulent practices which interfere with normal Service operations.
• Location Information
Services such as answering questionnaires and checking the results of checklist may use location information transmitted from users’ mobile phones/devices. The information will not be automatically transmitted to the servers. When users have not allowed their location information to be sent via the settings menu on their devices, location information will not be sent.
• Device Information
The users’ device information (OS type, serial number, PC hardware information etc.) may be acquired at times. This information shall be used for the provision of a better service, as well as for identification purposes and prevention of any unauthorized/fraudulent practices which interfere with normal Service operations.
Purpose of User Information
The Company shall use the acquired personal information for the following purposes listed below:
• to prevent any unauthorized/fraudulent use of the Service
• to offer an undisturbed and smooth Service to users
• to aggregate statistical data regarding the Service
• to conduct research and analysis aimed at reviewing and improving Services
• to enable the Company to deal effectively with user inquiries
• to provide information regarding the Service etc., as well as advertising information from our partner businesses
• to provide new future developments regarding the Service
• to draw winners for promotional events
• to perform identity checks when a user makes an inquiry etc.
• to notify users of any other important information regarding the Service and to contact users where necessary
Provision of Information
The Company will never provide user information to any third parties unless under the written conditions below.
-When the user has given consent
-When obliged to do so under applicable laws
The Company may entrust the handling of all or part of personal information collected from users to a trustee when the Company considers it is necessary to achieve the intended purpose concerning the use of the Service. In such circumstances, the Company will adequately assess the eligibility of the trustee, impose a confidentiality agreement upon the trustee, and establish an appropriate information administration system.
Shared Use of Information
When a business partner’s cooperation is needed in order to provide the Service to the user, the Company may share the user’s personal information with the business partner.
In such circumstances, the Company will inform the user regarding the purpose of sharing, the name of the business partner and manager, as well as the type of information which will be shared prior to sharing.
Measurement of Advertising Effectiveness
For the purpose of the Company paying expenses to advertising agencies for Service advertisements published in other media, the Company may install third-party modules to the smartphone versions application in order to measure the effectiveness of the advertising. Details regarding the applications which modules will be installed and other information can be seen here.
Users may, at any time, confirm or correct their registered personal information such as email address and/or password on the Service. Users can also delete their accounts.
Users may, through the procedures determined by the Company, send the Company a request for the disclosure of personal information which the users cannot confirm/access via the Service. The Company, in turn shall disclose such information except under the following conditions:
• by disclosing the information, it is likely to harm the life, body, property or other rights or interests of the user or any other third party
• by disclosing the information, it is likely to severely interfere with the Company’s proper operation
• disclosure itself would constitute a violation of laws and/or regulations
• when the Company is unable to verify that the request is from the user him/her self.
After the disclosure, if the users find that the personal information registered with the Company is incorrect, users may, through the procedures determined by the Company, send a request to correct, add or delete the user’s personal information. Under such circumstances, the Company shall promptly investigate the request to achieve the desired request and correct, add or delete the personal information on the basis of the Company’s findings.
When users request the disclosure by the Company of their personal information that is unable to be confirmed/accessed through the Service, the Company may charge disclosure fee for the disclosure procedures.
The users can choose freely whether or not they will provide the Company with their personal information, however the users may be unable to use a part of the Service until they have provided the Company with the necessary information.
Withdrawal from Our Services
When a user account is deleted, all user information will be disposed of in the correct manner in accordance with the law and Company regulations.
Personal information regarding children
If a User under 15 years old is using the service, please input the personal information with the consent from a parent or legal guardian.
Written on Aug 30, 2014